Prize Draw T&C’s
Below are the rules that apply to all the prize draws that appear on the site. In addition to these rules there may be special terms & conditions which are relevant to individual prize draws, this will appear as a link on the relevant prize draw.
- Cheaper energy UK is a UK site and unless otherwise stated all prize draws are open to UK residents aged 18 or over.
- Our prize draws may be promoted over several different websites simultaneously.
- A maximum number of 30 entries per month may be made into any draw for a prize unless otherwise stated in the individual prize draw special terms and conditions.
- Persons connected with Cheaper energy UK Ltd or any of the prize draw sponsors are ineligible.
- Winners will be selected at random by computer except where stated in the individual prize draw special terms and conditions.
- Brief details of winners will be posted on the Cheaper energy UK web site after each draw, following receipt of confirmation. Winners of prizes will be required to provide a recent photograph in order to claim their prize and may be required to take part in further promotional activities.
- The first prize draw will be held on 1st of June 2019, and all subsequent draws will be held at the end of each calendar quarter. We extract details of all the prize entrants from the competitions and these are combined into a unique anonymised database from which the winners’ and the runners up names are extracted at random. An email is sent to the winners informing them of their win, if email is not available, we will contact you by phone. If you are a winner, simply follow the instructions on the email within 7 days of receiving it and you will be contacted to arrange your 12 month utility plan. Your 12 month utility plan will be paid to a maximum value of your previous years spend. Maximum prize value will not exceed £2000.
- Prizes must be claimed within 10 days of each notification being sent. If the prize is not claimed within 10 days the winner will be replaced by the runner up and the same process followed. Unclaimed prizes will be void after the second period of 10 days.
- Void prizes may be included in subsequent special prize draws.
- All prizes are subject to availability should any prize be unavailable, a prize of similar price or specification will be substituted. In some circumstances a cash equivalent will be offered where stated in the individual prize draw special terms and conditions.
- Prize draw rules are subject to change.
- Cheaper energy UK is registered in accordance with the Data Protection Act and practices 100% opt-in permission marketing.
- By submitting information each visitor to Cheaper energy UK agrees to receive offers as stated in the Login and sponsored Prize Draws questionnaires. Such offers will be sent only by Cheaper energy UK, its sponsors or its clients.
- Free Entry to Prize Draws – If you would like to enter our prize draws without registering with Cheaper energy UK, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full contact details.
- Promoter – unless otherwise stated the promoter of prize draws on Cheaper energy UK is:
Optimus connect LTD T/A Cheaper energy UK – 4 Capricorn centre, Cranes Farm Road, Basildon, Essex, SS14 3JJ
By entering the cheaperenergy-uk competition you are agreeing to your details being passed to Scottish Power for supplying the prize and for direct marketing purposes.
Our Chosen Energy Partner
By joining the cheaperenergy-uk competition and opting into receive data from our chosen energy partner, you agree to receive telephone calls from Harp Media on behalf of Scottish Power to see if they can find you a better deal on your gas and electricity supply. Scottish Power will keep your details for a maximum of 6 months for this purpose. Please see https://www.scottishpower.co.uk/legal/privacy-policy for more details.
If you do not wish to receive a call, please email us at email@example.com and we will remove your details immediately.
PERSONAL DATA THAT OPTIMUS CONNECT COLLECTS
All the data we collect from you when entering any completion we offer, is for provision of the services we offer and marketing purposes. This means we share your details with Scottish Power who may want to contact you to offer goods and services relevant to your pregnancy journey. You can ask us to stop sharing your details at any time now or in the future though either the Site or via telephone or mail.
We also collect the following information from you:
- any details that you provide in subscribing for or accessing other services on the Site;
- any information or comments that you post on the Site;
- details of your visits to the Site.
Optimus connect also collects information which is about you but individually does not identify you.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our clients
GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- To perform our obligations under a contract with you;
- Where you have given us your consent;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
Where we need to process your data in order to comply with our legal obligations
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.